Sunday 19 June 2011

Make-up storage!!!

Ok so Meera and I have been so busy with exams etc and havent managed to write new blogs!

Anyway I recently moved back from uni and found that i now have twice as many clothes, shoes, bags and makeup...looking for a place to put everything is a nightmare! My makeup had been placed in containers in my bed side drawers and its literally ridiculous at how much more i have bought, so i thought thats it something needs to be done! I came across this website called "Muji" through some you-tubers and found some really good storage! They have an American website and a UK one too. I saw these arylic storage boxes which look like glass and are really practical to organise your lipsticks, eyeshadows/ liners and foundation. I purchased the acrylic box- 2 drawers wide which are £10.95 each, and you can fit a lot more in, they also have the arcylic box 2 drawers in narrow too which are £7.95, if you dont have a lot of make-up to store away!

Here's what they look like


I purchased four of the 2 drawers and stacked on on top of the other. I absouletely love them! i can fit all my makeup in the drawers perfectly and sort them accordingly, all eyeshadows in one draw, all lipgloss in another and so on. I have put up some more pictures of how ive organised my makeup so you can get some ideas if your really stuck!!





I also have a lot of brushes which were originally kept in a brush bag, but to be honest i thought it was such an effort to slot them back in its place after i used them, so i decided to get a brush holder! Now i was searching online for a decent sized one which would hold all my brushes in. I did see one from ELF comsetics and was tempted to but two one for fac brushes and another for eye brushes. However, I thought i'd be a bit more creative and find something that i could actually personalise myself, so on my trip to ikea i found in the gardening section two glass rectangle vases and found some black sand to go into them to stick my brushes through!



 I found some old beaded bracelets which I cut up and used the beads to decorate the sand with. Not too sure if the vases are on their website but they had a load in Ikea for around £3.00 from what i can remember! 
Thanks to Muji and Ikea my makeup has a storage place and my desk looks tidier! Ha! Anyway Ciao for now girlies!! xoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment